Friday, August 7, 2015

Home Stretch

This year, many of the thru-hikers have had to patch together their hike because of challenging weather patterns.  Some hearty souls did hike through the snow, some continued on a lower route, and some avoided it all together by either waiting for going somewhere else on the trail to hike while the snow sorted itself out.  My 2 previous thru-hikes were straight through, no flipping or flopping like this year.  The decision was difficult was SO worth it in the end.  I now sit in Saratoga WY and plan to head to Battle Pass tomorrow to start my last chunk south into CO and back down to Ghost Ranch.

I just went through the Wind River Range: truly the best kept secret in Wyoming.  Massive crags of solid granite towered around me with endless high alpine lakes and glacial valleys.  Rivers glowed turquoise from glacial runoff.  The vegetation was thick and rich down below treeline with mosses and old man's beard clinging to every surface.  To get a better look check out my new video (getting posted soon) by clicking on the Donate Now button to your right.

Thanks for reading =-)
Happy trails!!!
~beads

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, the home stretch, that went fast! Kind of sad, I hate to see your adventure come to an end. I miss you, can't wait to see you but I don't want your hike to end :( Everyone here is doing great!
    Have fun, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, the home stretch, that went fast! Kind of sad, I hate to see your adventure come to an end. I miss you, can't wait to see you but I don't want your hike to end :( Everyone here is doing great!
    Have fun, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete