Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Legendary Leadville Hostel

A quick post from the highest incorporated city in the US, Leadville! over 10,000 feet.  This weekend is actually the Leadville 100mile Ultramarathon - I will not be partaking but it has been super fun to chat with all the super athletes staying at the hostel.  I can't imagine running 100 miles straight and they can't imagine walking a marathon nearly every day while carrying a pack for 4-5 months.  Met Pappy - a Triple Crowner from 2002!!!  he started his adventuring at the age of 65 and is still going strong.

HUGE THANK YOU to Carol and Gary who put up with me in Grand Lake!

The weather has calmed a bit for now but it is easy to forget how crazy and miserable it can be to hike up high and be completely exposed while mother nature rages.  I'm moving steadily onward but have to admit I'm very much looking forward to laying on a couch for a week straight when I get back!  Getting closer!!!

Happy Trails!
~beads

1 comment:

  1. If you want to relax for a week upon returning, don't tell anyone when you get home!! Just saying!!!

    ReplyDelete