Tuesday, September 8, 2015

This world ROCKS!

I know I sort of dropped off the radar for a little while, but that's what happens when a hiker is focused on hiking!  Colorado was one of the toughest places I've hiked in a long time.  Not only was I battling the mental fatigue that comes with 4 months of challenging trail, but also the almost daily entourage of lightning and hail. Without further ado....

I'm DONE!!!! Not only with the Continental Divide Trail, but this also completes my Triple Crown:

Appalachian Trail: March 2 - Sept 20, 2007  NOBO
Pacific Crest Trail: April 25 - Sept 14, 2013  NOBO
Continental Divide Trail: April 25 - Sept 6, 2015 flip-flop

Over the past 9 years I've had the absolute privilege of spending over a year of that hiking through some of the most spectacular places in our country.  Sleeping outside under the stars, breathing the mountain air, and sharing space with the wild trees and creatures that call this world home.  I've experienced and learned more than I could have possibly imagined was possible.  I've hiked 8,000+ miles, climbed something like 42 Mt Everest's, went through a total of 12 pairs of shoes, and I can't even fathom the number of Snickers I consumed.  I've fallen countless times and even walked straight into a tree (not my most graceful moment... it came outta no-where!).  I've become friends with the most amazing people from all walks of the earth, many are close as family. I've experience so much love and kindness from complete strangers that my faith in humanity is forever good, never believe the news!  I've laughed and cried, fallen in love, and fallen in love all over again.  My heart has broken wide open in joy and gratitude... I know the sound of silence and what it feels like to be alive and free.


THANK YOU!!!!! to EVERYONE who has helped me along the way!!!!!  I truly could not have done all this without A LOT of love and support from friends and family, and even complete strangers.  

Another HUGE THANK YOU!!!! to anyone who has donated to my charities: the Dessin Animal Shelter in 2007, the Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary in 2013, and of course the SPOKANE HUMANE SOCIETY this year.  Every cent donated goes straight to the animals!  My adventures are entirely funded by myself and a few sponsors.  And I am so grateful to the SHS for completely supporting my sabbatical, thank you just isn't enough.  

As with my other trails, I will be putting together a Talk & Slide Show to share this wonderful CDT adventure with anyone who wants to listen.  It has always been a fantastic evening of stories from the trail, spectacular photos, and overwhelming enthusiasm from everyone!  I've done everything from high school auditoriums to a friend's living room...  If you would like to help organize a venue in your area please feel free to contact me: talags@gmail.com

So stay tuned!

"You're off to great places, today is your day.
Your MOUNTAIN is waiting, so get on your way!"
~Dr. Seuss

Peace, Love and Happy Trails,
Beads

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is a pretty awesome post!!! I love ya Lady!! So excited to hear every detail!!

    ReplyDelete